First dates or first paragraphs, it’s all the same! It gets me nervous and I don’t know what to say. So I’ll begin this blog with my favourite banana bread recipe, which is both healthy and moist.. yum! We can do the talking later.
Healthy Whole-Wheat Banana Bread
- 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups of mashed bananas (approximately 4 bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 3/4 cup of honey (or less)
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts), carob or chocolate chips
The banana bread will last a couple of days at room temperature, and up to a week in the fridge. You can also freeze individual portions.
Recipe adapted from Leanne Ely’s Healthy Foods.