What a nice weekend: Ice skating, spa day outdoors, brunch with family and cross-country skiing! How was yours? Did you go out and enjoy the snow we got on Friday?
On Saturday, my sister Caroline and I spent the day at Spa St-Hilaire to celebrate her birthday. Situated at the foot of the mountain, the setting is beautiful and perfect for relaxation. After a few hot & cold water circuits, we finished off the day by each getting a massage. Life is good.
Knowing that we’d grow an appetite from all this cleansing, I packed up this healthy salad for us. There’s a nice crunch to it and the taste is subtly sweet. Have a wonderful week!
Edamame & Apple Salad with Tahini-Honey Sauce
- 1 package frozen, shelled edamame
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted* and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- Juice of half a lemon
Boil edamame as per package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the tahini, honey and lemon juice.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Serves 6.
* To toast almonds, preheat oven to 350F. Spread nuts on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until fragrant and golden, stirring occasionally.