Dear friends: I’ve been avoiding this space for the past three months. I hope you forgive me for disappearing without much explanations. Life has been a roller coaster of good and bad news lately. I’ve been meaning to touch base but somehow couldn’t find the words. Because I don’t know where to start, here’s what’s been going on, in simple point form:
- My father is ill. There will never be a good time for illness, but this feels rather unfair as my mother passed away three years ago. Denial, hope, acceptance, anger, fear and sadness have been haunting me. Whenever possible, I’ve been going home to spend time with him and support him in his fight for life.
- I was selected for a Québec-Brussels exchange in urban agriculture (co-funded by LOJIQ and BIJ) and traveled to Belgium for a couple of weeks at the end of September, alongside four young and dynamic Quebecers in the field. It was a fantastic opportunity to see the initiatives over there and to realize that urban agriculture is indeed an ever-growing movement across the globe. This gives me hope in humanity. Jason came along with me for the first part of the trip and we visited friends in Frankfurt, fell in love with lively Amsterdam and medieval Bruges. Perhaps I’ll share some pictures here if you’re at all interested.
- We closed down the gardens on Saturday. Gardening with City Farm School for the past 8 months has been a wonderful learning experience and I’m feeling nostalgic that it has come to an end.
- Jason and I are headed to Japan this week for a five-week long vacation. I’m looking forward to reunite with a long-lost friend in Tokyo and to discover everything this beautiful country has to offer. I will try to share some pictures with you throughout our trip.
- In between all this busy-ness, we managed to squeeze in a fall foliage hike in Orford. The picture above was taken that day.
- The answer is yes, I am still cooking healthy dishes as usual. But in this whirlwind of emotions, I’ve simply not had the energy to share them.
I leave you with the beautiful view from La ferme de la vache in Liège (below). I hope you are doing well xo.
P.S. Remember this slideshow from last year?