- Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
- Edamame & Apple Salad with Tahini-Honey Sauce
- Bircher-Benner Muesli with Grated Apple
- Raw Kale Salad with Apple & Walnuts
Curried Apple & Carrot Slaw
- 2 large apples (or 3 medium), julienned
- 2 large carrots (or 4-5 smaller ones), julienned
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Half a lemon, juiced
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Julienne the apples and place into a large bowl. Drizzle with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
Julienne the carrots and add to the bowl along with the raisins, green onions, mint and coriander. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt and curry powder together.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
Enjoy the crunchy goodness.
Recipe inspired by Janet Hunt.