As one would expect, the recipe I’m sharing with you today is best enjoyed at the peak of tomato season. Shopska salata, a traditional Bulgarian chopped salad, is light, crunchy and refreshing and it only takes minutes to prepare.
Shopska Salata (Bulgarian Chopped Salad)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3-4 Lebanese cucumbers or ½ English cucumber
- 1 Cubanelle pepper or ½ sweet bell pepper
- ½ small red onion
- 1 small bunch parsley
- ½ cup grated feta, or more to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, or more to taste
- Pinch coarse salt, to taste
Chop all vegetables and add them to a salad bowl along with the grated feta. Dress with olive oil and red wine vinegar and a good pinch of coarse salt. Adjust dressing and seasoning to taste.
Best enjoyed immediately.
Recipe serves 6