And one last apple recipe to conclude September’s “apple fest” on Craving Greens. I hope you’ve enjoyed the journey. These sweet potato & apple cakes are delicious as an appetizer, a side dish or even as the main event. Why not serve them on a bed of greens?
– “They’re kind of like crab cakes”, said the vegan (nowadays vegetarian).
That made me laugh. The texture and colour actually do remind of crab cakes. But rest assured that these savoury cakes are vegetarian. I think they would be a great addition to Thanksgiving dinner. Don’t you?
Have a good week!
Sweet Potato & Apple Cakes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (~3 cups)
- 2 small apples, cored and grated (~1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh dill + more for serving
- 1 egg, beaten
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil, for frying
- Yogurt, for serving